Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One of our finest Ladies


Hello everyone: I realized that I had not posted the seated images of one of our finest and one of my favourite large dolls (20 inches tall) that I dressed in one of my most favourite and rare pieces of 17th century fabric I have ever worked with. It's tough as nails and a royal pain to hand sew. It took antique glovers needles for me to sew the dress and I even broke one of the glovers needles and they are so strong.



She is a reproduction of a true "Queen Anne" period English wooden. Anyone who knows me, knows that one of my pet peeves is the referring to all 17th and 18th century English wooden dolls incorrectly as "Queen Anne dolls" The only dolls that can be correctly referred to as "Queen Anne" are the dolls made from 1702 to 1714, during her reign....OK so I'm being picky LOL


Anyway, these images are some of my favourites of her so I though I would share them. I have included a couple details of the fabric for all the early textile lovers out there.


Best Wishes!
The Old Pretenders









10 comments:

  1. Just amazing work, the shoes and the back shot,,perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lovely... and I adore her dress!
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven on a web page! The dress fabric is to die for... Stitched so beautifully as well. I shall look out for more antique needles for you, I often come across them. Lois x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lois! Your always so lovely to us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. Your works stand alone in a class by themselves. At once antique and modern sumptuous treasures. So grateful to Ulla for telling us about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the lovely compliment Shelley. We really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These dolls are absolute perfection. I am so impressed, actually overwhelmed with the detail, beauty, and care that you have put into each doll. This one is exquisite. The fabric of her dress is to die for and her little shoes just the perfect detail to finish her costume.

    I am so happy you have a blog. I met you through wonderful Lois.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Phyllis for the wonderful compliments! We really appreciate it! Everyone's comments and compliments really do touch us and inspire us as well.
    Your are right about the "wonderful Lois"
    One of our favourite people we have met online!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is remarkable... May I add your blog to our "Inspiring" list at Woodstown Whimsies? Warmest Wishes, Daryle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Daryle and Katie......please feel free to add us to your blog.
    Best WisHES: David & Paul

    ReplyDelete